Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Good News, Bad News

I owe $800 in income taxes. Boo, hiss. The good news is that my property taxes were lower than I'd planned for, so that's a huge help in paying that bill. I wish I hadn't just dumped so much money on my credit cards though - I had plenty of cash for this a few weeks ago. So that's another lesson learned.

In other news, the most hideous credit card bill just came down to under $8,000 - still about $1,700 away from rehabilitation. Discover is about $150 away from what I think is my rehabilitation point. Cap One should be paid off in about 2 months. HSBC won't be 100% paid off by the end of summer, but close.

My monthly budget is looking pretty good for the moment, but ultimately I'd like to get my spending down another $200/month. The good news is that much of the spending is savings and debt payment.

I'm getting close to the point where I can envision a life without credit card debt. It'll be like I'm rich - I'll have up to $600 extra a month. Of course, most of that will get forwarded to the student loan and mortgage. But still. How cool is that?

No comments: